Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Back In The Swamp


















     I was back in the swamp today with a team of volunteers from WildBird Unlimited. We arrived in Brinkley, Arkansas on Tuesday night about 7:00pm. We were up at 5:00 and headed for the bayou. Joining me on the search is (photo L to R) Jim Carpenter, John schaust, me, Tom Sheley, Paul Picket and Roseann Kovalcik. We traveled from the Arkansas hiway 17 to Paw-Paw Lake. I conducted a series of double-knocks three times during the day, but there was no response. I did not use decoys today because of weather. We had light rains all day and a rough thunderstorm at the end of the day. By the time we got off the bayou this evening we were soaked and exhausted. weather should be more condusive tomarrow for using decoys. Also will take some photos tomorrow and put some on the blog. IT IS GREAT TO BE BACK ON THE BAYOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment