Friday, February 28, 2014

10 Year Anniversary of Ivory-billed Woodpecker Sighting


     I tried to post this last night after Tim and I got in from the bayou, but the hotel wireless was so slow that nothing uploaded after I posted on my photography blog.  So here is my 10 year Ivorybill anniversary post for February 27, 2014.

Bobby Harrison (L) and Tim Gallagher (R) on Bayou
Deview at the spot where they saw an Ivory-billed 
Woodpecker ten years today.  (Photo by Clara Gallagher)
     Ten years ago today, Tim Gallagher and I found an Ivory-billed Woodpecker on Bayou Deview just north of Brinkley, Arkansas.  Today, Tim and I were back on the Bayou for the 10th anniversary of the sighting.  The day was much the same as ten years ago, sunny and chilly, but no bird today.  We revisited the site toasted the ivory-bill and trolled the bayou, both north and south of the highway 17 bridge.
     It is hard to believe that it has been ten years.  I remember the sighting as if were yesterday, and it was a life-changing event.  I have since logged countless hours in the swamps of Arkansas and Florida since that day, and I continue the search!

See Tim Gallagher’s post at: http://www.imperial-dreams.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment